Thursday, December 28, 2017

Flash Card Find

Stumbling around on YouTube yesterday,  I found a video of a baby about Avi's age doing flashcards. This kid was amazing! The mother would put out three cards, ask for a specific one, and the child knew exactly which one it was, every time!

Maybe some of you out there are thinking "that's not so amazing, my child can do that", but for a mother of an 18 month-old who can't walk yet and has yet to say her first word, it was pretty impressive!

Because Avi doesn't seem to "get" language yet, I'm thinking it'll be a long time before she'll be picking out flashcards when given the name of the object shown. However, it never hurts to start building those brain pathways and planting memories, so off I went to the internet to see if I could find some good flashcards to print for free.

Did I find an excellent resource! All kinds of printable flashcards, activities, games, stationary, you name it! It is called Mr. Printables... to find it, click here.

Here are some flashcards I made today with printouts from Mr. Printables. This is the animals flashcard set:

Laminated to protect from baby drool...

You can find this specific set here, although I encourage you to look around the site for other things you may want to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment