Monday, October 2, 2017

So, I'm undertaking a new housework project; the laundry. And I say "project" because its going to take me at least a week, if not several, to get it all finished.

Part of the problem it that dear husband and I have WAY too many clothes. Last time we counted, he had over 60 T-shirts. I'm not quite as bad, as I purge my closet regularly, but still have way too many items. Now, the baby's clothes get washed every few days (at least once a week), but the husband and I could go a month without needing to wash any clothes. This is catastrophic, because I frequently DO go a month without washing an of our clothes (I hate doing laundry). But then, at the end of the month, I have a huge pile of laundry that gets so overwhelming I just pick a few random items and throw them in the wash. So, a good 3/4 of my clothes are typically sitting in apile on the laundry room floor, instead of hung neatly in my closet.

Here is a picture of my laundry room that I took today:


Pretty terrible, hey?

(The blanket hanging on the wall is actually covering an exterior door; its poorly insulated, and I've been having some issues with the water lines to my washing machine freezing up. Unfortunately, its not a standard sized door, so trying to replace it has been tricky).


So, the plan is two fold. The first part consists of organizing the clothes and slowly getting them all washed. I only do one, maybe two loads a day; our septic system is old and that much soapy water in one shot would be bad for it, and our well is a little slow (it fills a huge cistern, so we rarely run out of water, but I try not to push my luck, especially with a dozen thirsty horses sharing it.) I also have been following the FlyLady for a couple of years (as best I can), and one of her sayings is "It didn't get messy in a day, so its not going to get clean in a day either". So, slow and steady it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment